New Research, New Product Development and Some Seriously Cool Awards
At least once a year, manufacturers from all aspects of commercial design take an opportunity to share their re-invent stories, start new discussions, and support their research with new product developments. This year, the discussions ranged from Artisan Appeal to Biophilic Design, but what it all really comes down to is “How does that make you feel?”
We expect that psychologists have our back here, but regardless, the studies compiled by Teknion in a knowledge book called “The True Measure of a Space is How it Makes us Feel” reveals that how a space is designed and perceived is highly emotional. This book addresses human feelings that relate to the sensations that make a person feel Welcome, Empowered, Connected, Calm, and Comfortable.
From this context, Teknion, along with some of the best designers in the world developed award winning products that cater to the feelings associated with more productive work environments. This year, Teknion’s designs offer a more informal approach, a more flexible landscape, a better equipped workplace and more connected solutions.
Designs Worth Your Time
Based on the form and fabric of urban neighborhoods, it is a desking solution that fosters community and engagement in the workplace
- Clean, flexible and continuous power and data
- Robust accessory features
- Social setting integration
Awards: Silver, Best of NeoCon | HiP, Interior Design
ZONES COLLECTION (EXPANDED)
The emotional, humanistic aspect is fundamental to Zones as the collection supports modern office tasks in a manner that recognizes the human craving for familiarity, warmth, comfort and empowerment
- Component based, freestanding
- Accessories which complement informal settings
Awards: Silver, Best of Neocon (Accessories)
A horizontally oriented wall system combined with a functional collection of wall-integrated furniture which maximizes the usable space in an environment, and minimizes the necessary cost of architectural product on the floor plate.
- Horizontal planning
- Wall integrated furniture components
- First ever height adjustable desk integrated within the wall
- Removes visible cables typically attached to the floor
- Maximizes functional space
Awards: Gold, Best of NeoCon
With equally thoughtful innovations, Studio TK, the ancillary experts at Teknion launched designs that fit the same emotional platforms explored in “The True Measure of a Space is How it Makes us Feel”
Dynamic seating to celebrate expression
- Duality in materials
- Unique visual proportions
Awards: HiP, Interior Design | Metropolis Likes
KUSKOA & KUSKOA BI
Versatile, elegant and suited to a variety of settings including varied heights
- Option in bioplastic material – derived from plant-based renewable sources
- Unique visual proportions
BEVY TABLE COLLECTION
Sit, stand or perch at the collection of tables that range from occasional table, to conference table, to coffee table
- Variety of surface materials
- Opportunity for cut-outs to host power modules
- Cable management is easily hidden within a zippered felt pocket
Awards: Metropolis Likes
Calming sensibility and crafted touch
- The flexible shell creates a platform to rest elbows
Did that get the juices flowing?
Contact your iSpace Account Manager, A+D Contact or email us if you would like more details on something that caught your eye.