View the PDF
iSpace Environments is a collection of talented people that respond to the needs of progressive workplace design. We outfit environments with technology, furnishings and architectural products that enable and empower organizations to work better.
The Field Engineer is responsible for the successful configuration, set-up, fine-tuning, programming, testing, trouble-shooting and completion of audio-visual and video projects for iSpace customers. Work will be completed in the office as well as the customer site and will be at the direction of iSpace Project Managers. The Field Engineer will work alone or in conjunction with a Lead Technician to complete each project. This position requires a high level of proficiency in audio-visual, network, audio-conferencing and video-conferencing operations. You will be working with technicians, customer I.T. personnel, sub-contractors, engineers, programmers, project managers, sales and internal staff to complete professional AV systems designed to exceed customer expectations.
FIELD ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Video Conferencing provisioning.
- VOIP System provisioning.
- Control System provisioning.
- DSP programming and audio engineering.
- Desktop Conferencing configuration and set-up.
- Lighting System programming.
- Test systems upon completion to ensure systems function properly. Diagnose, troubleshoot, and
correct technical issues on site.
- Provide direction to Lead Technicians and Engineers for trouble-shooting and final engineering
- Test, train and instruct customers and fellow internal team members on the proper use of
equipment and systems.
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints for solutions.
- Investigate and resolve open issues with vendor support teams.
- Obtain technical certifications and continual training as directed by management to further
develop your career.
- Work with Help Desk to resolve escalated service calls may be required.
- Help to ensure all projects are done within the scope of work that is defined, installed within the
predefined budget and customer deadline.
- Provide daily, written updates to Project Management.
- Help to ensure all projects are completed and approved by the client with signed “sign off
sheets” when appropriate.
- Document and submit final programs and as-builts (if needed) for installed solution.
- Document and fill out weekly timecards and expense reports.
- Travel outside the Twin Cities Metro area will be required to perform final commissioning of
projects. Our primary geographic areas of concentration for sales opportunities are based in a
100-mile radius of the Minneapolis/St Paul and San Francisco Bay area; however, regional and
national projects will arise often and require travel to these areas.
SERVE AS A STEWARD OF iSPACE CORE VALUES AND BRAND
- Excellence: Be the best. Commit to the customer experience. Attention to details.
- Integrity: Be genuine, dependable and empathetic.
- Expertise: Be an authority, be knowledgeable, be confident.
- Creativity: Be a visionary, inventive and authentic.
- Work Ethic: Be tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
- Fun: Be positive, fresh and collaborative.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in engineering or closely related discipline
Minimum of 5 years field experience in the audio/video integration industry; a minimum of 3 years of experience in network engineering in addition to A/V experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified for at least one core DSP product line: Biamp Tesira OR Audia, Polycom Sound Structure, OR ClearOne
- Certified for desktop conferencing solutions (Polycom or Vidyo) preferred
- Certified for Crestron or AMX final levels of education preferred
- CTS certified preferred
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Dtools proficiency (internal candidates); or the ability to become proficient in Dtools (external candidates).
- Required Working knowledge of:
- Video Conferencing (Cisco, Polycom & LifeSize)
- VOIP Systems (Biamp, Polycom & ClearOne)
- Control Systems (Crestron & Extron)
- DSP Systems (Biamp, Polycom & Clearone)
- Desktop Conferencing Solutions (Vidyo, Polycom)
- Lighting Systems (Lutron & Brightline)
- Willingness and ability to work beyond 40 hours per week during peak periods to ensure client needs are met
- Ability and willingness to travel as well as work evening or weekends is required
- Ability to command a field crew from onset to completion of an integrated solution
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Strong troubleshooting and decision making skills
- Abilitiy to conduct a throrough site visit
- Ability to document a high level of detail as it pertains to each project in a fast pace and changing environment
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com