Interior Design Intern (Paid)
View The PDF
iSpace Environments is a collection of talented people that respond to the needs of progressive workplace design. We outfit environments with technology, furnishings and architectural products that enable and empower organizations to work better.
Assists Design team, Sales and Account Managers in design project work, preparation of showroom and managing internal administrative responsibilities. Assists in the design and specification of assigned design projects. Design services include: programming, design concepts, space planning, commercial furniture specification, site visits, and furniture installation drawings. Works closely with Sales, Account Managers and Project Managers to ensure a positive and successful client experience.
Why Work at iSpace Environments?
- EXCELLENCE: We challenge our ideas so that the result is thoughtful & extraordinary.
- INTEGRITY: Dependability, empathy, and honesty define our relationships both internally and externally
- EXPERTISE: We continue to refine our skills to always be relevant & resourceful
- CREATIVITY: We commit to being imaginative, inventive and authentic in solutions
- WORK ETHIC: We recognize that one choice impacts another in projects & within our environment
- FUN: We value a culture that is positive, fresh and collaborative
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
INTERIOR DESIGN INTERN SPECIFIC:
- Assists sales and design team members in the preparation of client presentations and tours
- Assists with showroom upkeep for client tours and presentations
- Manages the furniture vendor database
- Schedules vendor presentations and lunch-and-learns with partners
- Manages and maintains the resource library; file materials, finishes and product brochures, order and return furniture, materials and finishes to corresponding vendors
- Deliver material and finish samples to external design partners and clients
- Serve as a steward of iSpace core values and brand
You’re Pretty Great at These Things:
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT – Fosters quality focus in others. Improves processes, products and services. Measures key outcomes. Sets clear quality requirements. Solicits and applies customer feedback.
- TEAMWORK – Balances team and individual responsibilities Contributes to building a positive team spirit Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views gives and welcomes feedback
- ENTHUSIASM – Demonstrates a passion for learning and achieving within the design field. Interested in personal and professional development.
- DRIVE – Has a desire to exceed expectations and identify opportunities for improvement. Chooses to demonstrate a high quality of work over merely meeting standards.
- ADAPTABILITY – Accepts criticism and feedback. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Manages competing demands.
- COMMUNICATIONS – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Good presentation skills. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
You’ve Got The Creds:
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior level student working toward completion of a Bachelors Degree in Interior, Industrial or Architectural Design with an enthusiasm for working with commercial furnishings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD and specification software(s)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (both oral and written) effectively and professionally with both internal and external clients
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
iSpace is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. iSpace recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities.
Please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com