Interior Designer I
View the PDF
iSpace Environments is a collection of talented people that respond to the needs of progressive workplace design. We outfit environments with technology, furnishings and architectural products that enable and empower organizations to work better.
Assist or lead sales and design team members in the design and specification of assigned design projects for clients. Design services include: programming, design concepts, space planning, commercial furniture specification, site visits, and furniture installation drawings. Works closely with Sales, Account Managers and Project Managers to ensure a positive and successful client experience.
INTERIOR DESIGNER SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the design and specifications of projects assigned with specific direction under moderate supervision.
- Leads assigned tasks following the direction of a project leader while part of the project team.
- Assists or leads sales and design team members in the preparation of client presentations.
- Assists or leads in ensuring the accuracy of all drawings and specifications before presenting to the selling team member or client.
- Conducts specification checks with Interior Designer II or above before orders are placed.
- Developing knowledge in design trends and appropriate product application.
- Developing knowledge in Teknion research and assists in consultative selling efforts.
- Developing to high level rendering and presentation skills.
- Serves as a champion of a design team metric, responsible for efforts that create a streamlined approach.
GENERAL DESIGN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends client planning meetings; presents plans and information to clients for review and approval.
- Conducts programming by interviewing clients/end/users and produces reports.
- Reviews site; conducts field measurements and plan-to site adherence checks.
- Verifies existing inventory/product if necessary; produces as-built drawings/specifications.
- Design Development
- Develops and presents block/space plans.
- Selects, develops and presents color/finish boards.
- Provides design budgets for projects; maintains daily timesheets; manages actual time against budgets.
- Develops product specifications; verifies specifications against plans; produces order-ready specifications utilizing technology; verifies accuracy.
- Manages changes and revisions.
- Maintains detailed project documentation including records of key decisions, and notes from client/internal meetings.
- Final Design
- Creates finished working drawings for specification and installation; validates plans against construction, electrical and A & D drawing set.oMay conduct field review during/after installation with Project Managers and/or installation crew.
- Manages adherence to project schedule and budgets.
- Communicates regularly on assignment status to all parties involved.
- Ensures complete and accurate plans/specifications are order ready. May be required to conduct organizational interfaces with; client, A&D firms, contractors, project managers, sales, sales administration, internal operations personnel, and installation crews
- Innovation – Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Displays original thinking and creativity. Generates suggestions for improving work. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect and trust. Motivates others to perform well. Reacts will under pressure. Shows courage to take action.
- Planning and Organization – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information. Skillfully Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities Contributes to building a positive team spirit Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views gives and welcomes feedback
- Quality – Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
SERVE AS A STEWARD OF iSPACE CORE VALUES AND BRAND
- Excellence: Be the best. Commit to the customer experience. Attention to details.
- Integrity: Be genuine, dependable and empathetic.
- Expertise: Be an authority, be knowledgeable, be confident.
- Creativity: Be a visionary, inventive and authentic.
- Work Ethic: Be tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
- Fun: Be positive, fresh and collaborative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior, Industrial or Architectural Design and 2+ years’ experience in furniture/office/space planning or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Dealership experience preferable.
- Knowledge of building codes for furniture design helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD and specification software(s)
- Solid interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (both oral and written) effectively and professionally with both internal and external clients.
- Understands systems furniture; able to learn and apply new product knowledge.
- Excellent problem solving ability and follow through.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Works well under pressure in fast-paced conditions; excels at multi-tasking and prioritizing
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com