Interior Designer II
View the PDF
iSpace Environments is a collection of talented people that respond to the needs of progressive workplace design. We outfit environments with technology, furnishings and architectural products that enable and empower organizations to work better.
Assist and lead design and specification process of assigned design projects in collaboration with sales team for client proposals and design development. Design services include: programming, conceptual design, space planning, commercial furniture specifications, site visits, and furniture installation drawings. Works closely with Sales Team, Account Managers, and Project Managers to ensure a positive and successful client experience.
INTERIOR DESIGNER II SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- With minimal direction, assists in or lead in the design and specification of assigned projects.
- Assists or leads sales and design team members in the preparation of client presentations.
- Leads the effort in ensuring completeness and accuracy of all drawings and specifications before presenting to the selling team member or client – operates with little to no specification errors.
- Displays in-depth knowledge in design trends and appropriate product application.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of Teknion research and leads in consultative selling efforts.
- Prepares and presents design contracts, assists Associate & Design I team members with contracts.
- Serves as mentor and coach to other design team members.
- Serves as a resource to Associate & Design I team members for final specification checks.
- Displays high level rendering and presentation capability.
- Serves as a champion of a design team metric, responsible for efforts that create a streamlined approach.
GENERAL DESIGN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends client planning meetings; presents plans and information to clients for review and approval.
- Conducts programming by interviewing clients/end/users and produces reports.
- Reviews site; conducts field measurements and plan-to site adherence checks.
- Verifies existing inventory/product if necessary; produces as-built drawings/specifications.
- Design Development
- Develops and presents block/space plans.
- Selects, develops and presents color/finish boards.
- Provides design budgets for projects; maintains daily timesheets; manages actual time against budgets.
- Develops product specifications; verifies specifications against plans; produces order-ready specifications utilizing technology; verifies accuracy.
- Manages changes and revisions.
- Maintains detailed project documentation including records of key decisions, and notes from client/internal meetings.
- Final Design
- Creates finished working drawings for specification and installation; validates plans against construction, electrical and A & D drawing set.
- May conduct field review during/after installation with Project Managers and/or installation crew.
- Manages adherence to project schedule and budgets.
- Communicates regularly on assignment status to all parties involved.
- Ensures complete and accurate plans/specifications are order ready. May be required to conduct organizational interfaces with; client, A&D firms, contractors, project managers, sales, sales administration, internal operations personnel, and installation crews
SERVE AS A STEWARD OF iSPACE CORE VALUES AND BRAND
- Excellence: Be the best. Commit to the customer experience. Attention to details.
- Integrity: Be genuine, dependable and empathetic.
- Expertise: Be an authority, be knowledgeable, be confident.
- Creativity: Be a visionary, inventive and authentic.
- Work Ethic: Be tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
- Fun: Be positive, fresh and collaborative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior, Industrial or Architectural Design and 4+ years’ experience in furniture/office/space planning or equivalent combination of education and experience. Dealership experience preferred. Knowledge of building codes for furniture design required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD and specification software(s)
- Solid interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (both oral and written) effectively and professionally with both internal and external clients.
- Understands systems furniture; able to learn and apply new product knowledge.
- Excellent problem solving ability and follow through.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Works well under pressure in fast-paced conditions; excels at multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Strong communication and decision making skills
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com