Project Manager – Furnishings
View the PDF
iSpace Environments is a collection of talented people that respond to the needs of progressive workplace design. We outfit environments with technology, furnishings and architectural products that enable and empower organizations to work better.
This individual is the hub of all client interaction in the pre and post sales phase of the sales process. Possessing a high level of communication and the ability to multi-task are qualities that are necessary to be successful. This position will also provide project management on assigned accounts & out-of-town installations when project management is needed to include the oversight, and support for assigned jobs from labor quote through job completion.
PROJECT COORDINATOR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates project from client approval of proposal throughout punch list process
- Main point of contact with the customer throughout the post-sales process
- Ensures all documentation is collected prior to order placement
- Completes “spec check” process with sales on small orders when Designer is not involved
- Places and tracks orders with manufacturers
- Coordinates project meetings with subcontractors, sales, and design if necessary
- Processes and reviews vendor acknowledgements
- Processes any change orders to projects
- Schedules installations with Field Services
- Assemble & prepare installation folders and work orders
- Manages the iSpace Customer Connect Program for each order
- Completes warranty and punch list claims in a timely manner
- Review and approves project costs and margin management
PROJECT MANAGER SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide labor quotes to sales associates
- Manage scope-of-work and budget on each job
- Manage change orders
Planning & Fulfillment
- Attend internal and external project meetings including construction meetings
- Determine labor and equipment requirements; schedule subcontractors to ensure work is being done efficiently and on time
- Interface with electrical and low voltage contractors to coordinate details and schedules in conjunction with furniture Installers
- Field verify space to ensure layout accuracy
- Interface with Sales and Design to ensure product specification and installation layouts are accurate
- Maintain strong relationships with sub-contractors
- Approve sub-contractor invoices
- Manage chargebacks to vendors for defective products, poor work, late and delayed ship dates and so on
- Interface with building management to confirm that insurance and building requirements are being met
- Coordinate details, labor, and equipment for customer moves
- Verify existing inventories if needed
- Schedule end-of-job walk-through with customer and create punch list. Review punch list items with Sales and Design to ensure any open items are addressed
- Review all costs for project close-out
- Be ready to do whatever it takes to get the job done extremely well at all times
SERVE AS A STEWARD OF iSPACE CORE VALUES AND BRAND
- Excellence: Be the best. Commit to the customer experience. Attention to details.
- Integrity: Be genuine, dependable and empathetic.
- Expertise: Be an authority, be knowledgeable, be confident.
- Creativity: Be a visionary, inventive and authentic.
- Work Ethic: Be tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
- Fun: Be positive, fresh and collaborative.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience in client relationship management or project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Strong resource management and delegation skills
- Influential with the ability to implement change
- Flexible, adaptable and open to others’ ideas
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Experienced at estimating and reading blueprints
- Results-oriented with proven ability to organize, plan, execute, and track work
- Desire and ability to hold self and others accountable for operating according to iSpace core values in every interaction: striving to be the best, genuine, an authority, a visionary, tenacious and always be positive
- Strong decision making skills
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com