Senior Interior Designer & Account Manager (Mankato, MN)
View the PDF
iSpace Environments is a collection of talented people that respond to the needs of progressive workplace design. We outfit environments with technology, furnishings and architectural products that enable and empower organizations to work better.
Responsible for design and specification for client design projects, as well as account management. Design services include: programming, design concepts, space planning, commercial furniture specifications, site visits, and furniture installation drawings. Manages account relationships by meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Works closely with and assists Market Manager with projects, and client communications to ensure a positive and successful client experience.
SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes total responsibility for design and specification, and management of projects.
- Assists sales in the preparation of client presentations.
- Ensures the accuracy of all drawings and specifications before presenting to the selling team member or client – operate with little to no specification errors.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in design trends and appropriate product application.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of Teknion research and lead in consultative selling efforts.
- Prepares and presents design contracts, assist Design Team members with contracts.
- Demonstrates expert level rendering and presentation capability.
- Assumes project management duties including but not limited to: budgeting and design profitability reports.
- Serves as a champion of a design metrics, responsible for efforts that create a streamlined approach.
GENERAL DESIGN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends client planning meetings; presents plans and information to clients for review and approval.
- Conducts programming by interviewing clients/end/users and produces reports.
- Reviews site; conducts field measurements and plan-to site adherence checks.
- Design Development
- Develops and presents block/space plans.
- Selects, develops and presents color/finish boards.
- Provides design budgets for projects; maintains daily timesheets; manages actual time against budgets.
- Develops product specifications; verifies specifications against plans; produces order-ready specifications utilizing technology; verifies accuracy.
- Manages changes and revisions.
- Maintains detailed project documentation including records of key decisions, and notes from client/internal meetings.
- Final Design
- Creates finished working drawings for specification and installation; validates plans against construction, electrical and A & D drawing set.
- May conduct field review during/after installation with Project Managers and/or installation crew.
- Manages adherence to project schedule and budgets.
- Communicates regularly on assignment status to all parties involved.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively manages and develops day-to-day relationships with assigned customers
- Able to manage basic client issue resolution with minimal support
- Initiate customer conversations for projects frequently (may vary by customer) to:
- Ensure iSpace is current with monthly revenue projections
- Receive customer requests, manage customer expectations and communicate/delegate to internal teams
- Clearly communicate iSpace deliverables, customer requirements and timeline needs to ensure iSpace is positioned to execute a successful project
- Clearly communicate payment terms relating to timeline needs (deposit invoice requirements)
- Obtain customer decisions, feedback, and approvals in support of project timelines
- Signed proposals
- Signed Scope of Work
- Schedule site visits with appropriate internal resources at various phases of the projects
- Ensure customer requirements are proactively communicated
- Perform Project Management duties on projects
- Regularly communicate project updates and recaps to customers.
- Complete meeting recaps, task lists/next steps, follow up items, and status.
- Manage punch through Project Coordinator.
- Recognize the need for Change Orders and communicate to customers in a timely manner
- Work with Field Services to communicate all punch list items and keep customer updated through to completion
- Participate in client walkthrough, training, and sign-off as needed (defined in Handoff meetings who will be responsible at the project level)
- Successfully hand off all projects that required a Project Manager assigned per stated project qualifications
- Manage all internal/external communications and meetings for assigned projects and accounts
- The position is responsible for identifying the appropriate level of communication needed for each project (scalability) adjusting meeting content, attendees and project options based on current client or project issues
- The position recognizes new business opportunities with assigned clients
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date forecast
- Regularly participates in sales activities that drive revenue to meet annual sales goals
- Creates projects and delegates initial tasks at the appropriate times to the, project and installation teams
- Approve final paperwork for invoicing (within 3 business days); work with accounting to approve margin variances prior to sending to customer
- Obtain estimates for billable labor from the appropriate resources as defined: Design, Project Management, Field Services
SERVE AS A STEWARD OF iSPACE CORE VALUES AND BRAND
- Excellence: Be the best. Commit to the customer experience. Attention to details.
- Integrity: Be genuine, dependable and empathetic.
- Expertise: Be an authority, be knowledgeable, be confident.
- Creativity: Be a visionary, inventive and authentic.
- Work Ethic: Be tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
- Fun: Be positive, fresh and collaborative.
Bachelor’s degree in Interior, Industrial or Architectural Design and 6+ years’ experience in furniture/office/space planning or equivalent combination of education and experience. 2+ years demonstrated success in a deadline driven, customer-experience based business model requiring strong project management skills. Dealership experience preferable. Knowledge of building codes for furniture design required.
External candidates: 5+ experience in a customer-facing role and Project Management experience required. Minimum of 5 years office furniture or design experience.
Internal candidates: 2+ years successful performance with iSpace Environments, leading to a strong understanding of the iSpace Environments business model and knowledge of the Client Service department operations.
Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Advanced level proficiency in AutoCAD and specification software. Ability to become proficient in other related software as needed.
Excellent time management skills.
Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
Solid interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (both oral and written) effectively and professionally with both internal and external clients.
Must be flexible and adept with multi-tasking and changing priorities
Understands systems furniture; able to learn and apply new product knowledge.
Excellent problem solving ability and follow through.
Works well under pressure in fast-paced conditions; excels at multi-tasking and prioritizing
Ability to travel up to 10%
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com