Warehouse Associate Career Description (PDF)
As a key player, the Warehouse Associate is responsible for maintaining and organizing the warehouse, as well as receiving, handling and inspecting product. The Warehouse Associate will:
- Un-carton and inspect new furniture for each order, blanket wrap and cart up ready for delivery
- Utilize provided instructions for product assembly including: furniture, chairs, desks and other items
Why Work at iSpace Environments?
We’re an inclusive and dynamic group of Professionals with Personality. Our set of six Core Values keep us on track to help our clients and partners achieve the best in work and learning environments. iSpace Environments is an agile company, born on the philosophy that people will carve their own path and it’s our job to support them. Below are the six core values that our team embodies:
- EXCELLENCE: We challenge our ideas so that the result is thoughtful & extraordinary.
- INTEGRITY: Dependability, empathy, and honesty define our relationships both internally and externally
- EXPERTISE: We continue to refine our skills to always be relevant & resourceful
- CREATIVITY: We commit to being imaginative, inventive and authentic in solutions
- WORK ETHIC: We recognize that one choice impacts another in projects & within our environment
- FUN: We value a culture that is positive, fresh and collaborative
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with receiving new furniture; count parts, and inspect for quality
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks
- Assist with deliveries when needed
- Maintain tools and equipment within warehouse
- Assist with other projects as needed
You’re Pretty Great at These Things:
- Adaptability – Accepts criticism and feedback. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Manages competing demands.
- Dependability – Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness: looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety & Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- High School Diploma
- Related Experience in Furniture or construction field or industry desired
- Basic computer entry and ability to use other devices: such as an iPad
- Strong mechanical abilities; proficient at working with power tools, equipment, and assembly of components.
- Communicates effectively with management, employees, vendors, and customers.
- Excellent service and teamwork skills; shows respect when dealing with customers and team members.
- Demonstrates positive and willing attitude at all times.
- Looks for ways to consistently improve processes, procedure, efficiency, and quality.
- Strong attention to detail; able to complete work both accurately and efficiently.
- Applies sound judgment and creative problem-solving skills to resolve work issues.
- Results-oriented with proven ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Strong work ethic with an unwavering commitment to quality, service and professional results.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
iSpace is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. iSpace recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities.
Please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com