Just a short bike ride from our 811 Glenwood Showroom is the IDS Center, Minnesota’s tallest building and a hub of activity in downtown Minneapolis. Our teams have been spending a considerable amount of time in this iconic structure on Nicollet Mall. On the 36th floor are the offices of Norwest Equity Partners where iSpace/MSpace helped to create some incredibly flexible and functional meeting and event spaces. On the 3rd floor you will find one of downtown’s newest amenities: the IDS Center’s $1.8M Conference and Fitness Center–enabled with AV and videoconferencing systems by MSpace. Read more about the facility in the feature by Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
While fitness centers in large office towers have become almost standard issue, the communal meeting and conference space available to IDS Center tenants provides a unique point of difference for the building: no longer do tenants need to go off-site for meetings and conferences once too large for their own office spaces. The larger of two meeting areas has a capacity of 130 and an air wall allowing the space to be divided in two when needed.
Enabled by iSpace/MSpace
iSpace/MSpace designed and integrated a host of AV, video conferencing and control systems in the spaces:
- Flat screen displays in the exercise areas
- Wireless microphone system and separate audio zone in the exercise studio
- Presentation, audio and audio conferencing systems
- Lutron motion sensor to provision the large meeting space into separate zones or one unified space depending on the air wall position
- Crestron control system with wall-mounted and tabletop touch panels and wall-mounted input jacks for BYOD connectivity
- Polycom Group 500 video conferencing in the smaller board room space
- HD Panasonic projectors and automated screens
iSpace applauds the design work of Kevin Rolfes of KRdesign, Inc., and the foresight of the IDS Center team as they continue to improve their iconic facility to ensure that Minnesota’s tallest building is also one of its most sought-after.
Select photos by Nancy Kuehn ©2015 Minneapolis/St.Paul Business Journal. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission
Contact your iSpace account manager or email us if you’ve got a technology project you’d like to discuss.