View the PDF
iSpace Environments is a collection of talented people that respond to the needs of progressive workplace design. We outfit environments with technology, furnishings and architectural products that enable and empower organizations to work better.
The role of the Account Manager is to manage the account relationships by consistently meeting and exceeding the customers’ expectations and keeping a sustainable book of business.
ACCOUNT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
Proactively Manages & Develops day-to-day Relationships with Assigned Customers
- Able to manage basic client issue resolution with minimal/no AP support
- Initiate customer conversations for projects frequently (may vary by customer) to:
- Ensure iSpace is current with monthly revenue projections
- Receive customer requests, manage customer expectations and communicate/delegate to internal teams
- Clearly communicate iSpace deliverables, customer requirements and timeline needs to ensure iSpace is positioned to execute a successful project
- Clearly communicate payment terms relating to timeline needs (deposit invoice requirements)
- Obtain customer decisions, feedback, and approvals in support of project timelines
- Signed proposals
- Signed Scope of Work
- Schedule site visits with appropriate internal resources at various phases of the projects
- Ensure customer requirements are proactively communicated
- Perform Project Management duties on projects that don’t have an assigned Project Manager
- Regularly communicate project updates and recaps to customers
- Complete meeting recaps, task lists/next steps, follow up items, and status
- Manage punch list items in collaboration with Project Coordinator
- Recognize the need for CO’s and communicate to customers in a timely manner
- Utilize Scope of Work as a tool to hold internal and external customer accountable to their deliverables to ensure successful and timely project completion
- Work with Field Services to communicate all punch list items and keep customer updated through to completion
- Participates in client walk through, training, and sign-off as needed (defined in hand off meetings who will be responsible at the project level)
- Successfully hand off all projects that reuire a Project Manager per stated project qualifications
Manage all Internal/External Communications and Meetings for Assigned Projects
- The position is responsible for identifying the appropriate level of communication needed for each project (scalability) adjusting meeting content, attendees and project options based on current client or project issues
- The position recognizes new business opportunities with assigned clients
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date forecast
- Regularly participates in sales activities that drive revenue to meet annual sales goals
- Creates projects and delegates initial tasks at the appropriate times to the design, project and installation teams
- Update projects with current documentation (proposals, SOW, notes and status)
- Use/distribute Project Information Worksheets for each project to provide Accounting and Operations details needed to successfully complete their roles within the project
- Using the Handoff Meeting, Kickoff Meeting and Post Op Meeting agendas; schedule, facilitate and lead meetings for all assigned projects/events when necessary based on size and scope of work, or as directed by management and/or leadership
- Work with Field Managers and Project Managers (PM) to confirm completion of customer requirements prior to installation
- Create and disseminate project timelines based on project complexity, customer needs, and internal resources
- Delegate Change Order (CO) creation to Design team or Project Manager
- Approve final paperwork for invoicing; work with accounting to approve margin variances prior to sending to client
- Approve invoice in a timely manner (3 business days)
- Send customer all final project documentation: as-builts, code, client sign-off, survey request and transition/introduction to iSpace team
- Obtain estimates for billable labor from the appropriate resources as defined: Design, Project Management, Field Services
SERVE AS A STEWARD OF iSPACE CORE VALUES AND BRAND
- Excellence: Be the best. Commit to the customer experience. Attention to details.
- Integrity: Be genuine, dependable and empathetic.
- Expertise: Be an authority, be knowledgeable, be confident.
- Creativity: Be a visionary, inventive and authentic.
- Work Ethic: Be tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
- Fun: Be positive, fresh and collaborative.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. 2+ years demonstrated success in a deadline driven, customer-experience based business model requiring strong project management skills.
External candidates: 5+ years’ experience in a customer-facing role or project management experience required. Minimum of 5 years furniture design or sales experience.
Internal candidates: 2+ years successful performance with iSpace, leading to a strong understanding of iSpace’s business model and knowledge of Client Service operations.
Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Software proficiency – ability to become proficient in others as needed.
Strong customer focus with solution orientation
Must possess strong attention to detail and time management skills
Strong, effective communication with coworkers and clients at various levels
Desire and ability to succeed in a fast-paced, results driven environment
Must be flexible and adept with multi-tasking and changing priorities
Detail and organizational skills are essential for success
Ability to manage multiple projects and delegate to other team members
Must have proven ability to collaborate within teams and cross-functionally and meet deadlines.
Willingness and ability to work beyond a normal work schedule during peak periods to ensure client needs are met.
Ability to travel up to 10%
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com