View the PDF
iSpace Environments is a collection of talented people that respond to the needs of progressive workplace design. We outfit environments with technology, furnishings and architectural products that enable and empower organizations to work better.
The AV AutoCAD Drafter/Technician is responsible for drafting detailed schematics and elevations for the installation of Audio-Video Integration Solutions under the direction of the iSpace Environments Design and Sales groups. Additionally, the AV Draftsperson will assist the technology department on the upkeep of the D-Tools design database.
- Using software like AutoCAD, D-Tools and Visio to Create Audio-Visual Solution drawings which will inform product procurement and installation; drawings include schematics, elevations, distance calculations, wire diagrams, etc.
- Design and Develop AV Engineering Solutions with the direction of Senior Engineer
- Update drawings to reflect the installed solutions (aka “as-is” drawings) as a tool for iSpace Service Hub and Client’s internal service department
- Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of D-Tools Design Database
- Utilize Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Outlook to complete a variety of tasks including spreadsheet development, proposal assistance and general administrative activities
- Obtain technical certifications relative to career maintenance and development as suggested by management
- Embody the iSpace Environments Brand and Six Core Values
Competencies and Qualifications
- COMMUNICATION – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Good presentation skills. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- PLANNING & ORGANIZATION – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- QUALITY- Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- TEAMWORK- Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
- USE OF TECHNOLOGY- Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Education & Experience
- Two-Year Technical Degree in AutoCAD design from technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Visio preferred
- AV Field Installation background preferred
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com