Field Technician Career Description (PDF)
iSpace Environments is a collection of talented people that respond to the needs of progressive workplace design. We outfit environments with technology, furnishings and architectural products that enable and empower organizations to work better.
The Level I Field Technician is responsible for the installation of audio-visual and video
projects for iSpace customers, providing technical support and troubleshooting. Work will be completed
primarily at the customer site and will be at the direction of iSpace Project Managers and Lead Field
Technician. Work may be done independently or with a team to complete each project and requires
basic proficiency in the audio-visual and video conferencing operations.
FIELD TECH RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stage and load equipment, tools and installation supplies for shipment.
- Execute installation plans of projects as assigned by Project Management, which may
- Connecting equipment, terminations, soldering, wire pulling, rack mounting, wire
management, and equipment mounting.
- Testing systems upon completion to ensure systems function properly. Diagnose,
troubleshoot, and correct technical issues on site.
- Investigate and resolve open issues with vendor support teams.
- Train and instruct customers (internal and external) on the proper use of equipment and
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints for solutions being built.
- Track and maintain time sheets for projects.
- Submit project documentation to PM’s after job completion to include (but not limited to):
photos, as-built drawings, customer sign-offs, RMA’s, serial numbers, etc.
- Return iSpace equipment and tools to inventory upon job completion.
- Maintain control over inventory to ensure proper accounting.
- Obtain technical certifications as directed by management to further develop your career.
- Basic installation tools to be supplied by employee.
SERVE AS A STEWARD OF iSPACE CORE VALUES AND BRAND
- Excellence: Be the best. Commit to the customer experience. Attention to details.
- Integrity: Be genuine, dependable and empathetic.
- Expertise: Be an authority, be knowledgeable, be confident.
- Creativity: Be a visionary, inventive and authentic.
- Work Ethic: Be tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
- Fun: Be positive, fresh and collaborative.
- High School Diploma. AV or Network experience desirable.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including proficiency with M.S. Word
- Strong technical aptitude or background working with electronics and communications
technology, including but not limited to AV control systems, audio DSP’s, AV switchers, video
conferencing technologies, data/IT systems, and telecom.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers and technical personnel alike.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain focus on the project at hand.
- An ability to effectively triage, prioritize, and juggle multiple incidents simultaneously.
- Ability to follow through extended service incidences from open to completion.
- Ability to work independently, managing time and prioritizing tasks, yet also able to work in a team
- Excellent problem solving skills and willingness to take initiative.
- Strong technical aptitude or background working with electronics and communication
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com