Interior Design Intern (Paid)
iSpace Environments is a collection of talented people that respond to the needs of progressive workplace design. We outfit environments with technology, furnishings and architectural products that enable and empower organizations to work better.
Assists Design team, Sales and Account Managers in design project work, preparation of showroom and managing internal administrative responsibilities. Assists in the design and specification of assigned design projects. Design services include: programming, design concepts, space planning, commercial furniture specification, site visits, and furniture installation drawings. Works closely with Sales, Account Managers and Project Managers to ensure a positive and successful client experience.
Why Work at iSpace Environments?
- EXCELLENCE: We challenge our ideas so that the result is thoughtful & extraordinary.
- INTEGRITY: Dependability, empathy, and honesty define our relationships both internally and externally
- EXPERTISE: We continue to refine our skills to always be relevant & resourceful
- CREATIVITY: We commit to being imaginative, inventive and authentic in solutions
- WORK ETHIC: We recognize that one choice impacts another in projects & within our environment
- FUN: We value a culture that is positive, fresh and collaborative
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
INTERIOR DESIGN INTERN SPECIFIC:
- Assists with the management of the resource library
- Assists with the management of the vendor database
- Assists with the showroom upkeep for client tours and presentations
- Assists with the scheduling of vendor presentations and lunch-and-learns
- Demonstrates rendering and presentation skills, to assist designers on project and RFP responses
- Assists designers in reviewing manufacturer acknowledgements
- With specific direction, assists in the design and specifications of projects
- Assists sales and design team members in the preparation of client presentations
- Assists in ensuring the accuracy of all drawings and specifications before presenting to the selling team member or client
- Utilize developing knowledge in design trends and appropriate product application
- Utilize developing knowledge in Teknion research and assists in consultative selling efforts
GENERAL DESIGNER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends client planning meetings; sitting in on plan presentations and information to clients for review and approval
- Conducts programming interviews with clients/end/users and composes reports based on findings
- Conducts site reviews; performs field measurements and plan-to site adherence checks
- Verifies site conditions, existing product inventory and other factors relative to create as-built drawings and specifications
- Design Development
- Develops and presents block/space plans,
- Selects, develops and presents color/finish boards
- Participates in budget preparation for projects; maintains daily timesheets; manages actual time against budgets
- Develops product specifications; verifies specifications against plans; produces order-ready specifications utilizing software; verifies accuracy
- Manages changes and revisions
- Maintains detailed project documentation including records of key decisions, and notes from client/internal meetings
- Design Completion
- Creates finished working drawings for specification and installation; validates plans against construction, electrical and A & D drawing set
- May conduct field review during/after installation with Project Managers and/or Installation Crew
- Manages adherence to project schedule and budgets
- Communicates regularly on assignment status to all team-members involved
- Ensures complete and accurate plans/specifications are order-ready
- Serve as a steward of iSpace core values and brand
You’re Pretty Great at These Things:
- ADAPTABILITY – Accepts criticism and feedback. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Manages competing demands.
- COMMUNICATIONS – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Good presentation skills. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- PLANNING & ORGANIZATION – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT – Fosters quality focus in others. Improves processes, products and services. Measures key outcomes. Sets clear quality requirements. Solicits and applies customer feedback.
- TEAMWORK – Balances team and individual responsibilities Contributes to building a positive team spirit Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views gives and welcomes feedback
You’ve Got The Creds:
- Completed or working towards completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior, Industrial or Architectural Design; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years experience in furniture/office/space planning desirable
- Dealership experience preferred
- Knowledge of building codes for furniture design desirable
- Solid interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (both oral and written) effectively and professionally with both internal and external clients
- Understands systems furniture; able to learn and apply new product knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving ability and follow through
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Works well under pressure in fast-paced conditions; excels at multi-tasking and prioritizing
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com