Interior Designer II
View the PDF
Assist or lead sales team members in the design and specification of assigned design projects for clients. Design services include: programming, design concepts, space planning, commercial furniture specifications, site visits, and furniture installation drawings. Works closely with Sales, Account Managers, and Project Managers to ensure a positive and successful client experience.
Why Work at iSpace Environments?
We’re an inclusive and dynamic group of Professionals with Personality. Our set of six Core Values keep us on track to help our clients and partners achieve the best in work and learning environments. iSpace Environments is an agile company, born on the philosophy that people will carve their own path and it’s our job to support them. Below are the six core values that our team embodies:
- EXCELLENCE: We challenge our ideas so that the result is thoughtful & extraordinary.
- INTEGRITY: Dependability, empathy, and honesty define our relationships both internally and externally
- EXPERTISE: We continue to refine our skills to always be relevant & resourceful
- CREATIVITY: We commit to being imaginative, inventive and authentic in solutions
- WORK ETHIC: We recognize that one choice impacts another in projects & within our environment
- FUN: We value a culture that is positive, fresh and collaborative
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
INTERIOR DESIGNER II SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- With minimal direction, assists in or lead in the design and specification of assigned projects.
- Assists or leads sales and design team members in the preparation of client presentations.
- Leads the effort in ensuring completeness and accuracy of all drawings and specifications before presenting to the selling team member or client – operates with little to no specification errors.
- Displays in-depth knowledge in design trends and appropriate product application.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of Teknion research and leads in consultative selling efforts.
- Prepares and presents design contracts, assists Associate & Design I team members with contracts.
- Serves as mentor and coach to other design team members.
- Serves as a resource to Associate & Design I team members for final specification checks.
- Displays high level rendering and presentation capability.
- Serves as a champion of a design team metric, responsible for efforts that create a streamlined approach.
GENERAL DESIGN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends client planning meetings; presents plans and information to clients for review and approval.
- Conducts programming by interviewing clients/end/users and produces reports.
- Reviews site; conducts field measurements and plan-to site adherence checks.
- Verifies existing inventory/product if necessary; produces as-built drawings/specifications.
- Design Development
- Develops and presents block/space plans.
- Selects, develops and presents color/finish boards.
- Provides design budgets for projects; maintains daily timesheets; manages actual time against budgets.
- Develops product specifications; verifies specifications against plans; produces order-ready specifications utilizing technology; verifies accuracy.
- Manages changes and revisions.
- Maintains detailed project documentation including records of key decisions, and notes from client/internal meetings.
- Final Design
- Creates finished working drawings for specification and installation; validates plans against construction, electrical and A & D drawing set.
- May conduct field review during/after installation with Project Managers and/or installation crew.
- Manages adherence to project schedule and budgets.
- Communicates regularly on assignment status to all parties involved.
- Ensures complete and accurate plans/specifications are order ready. May be required to conduct organizational interfaces with; client, A&D firms, contractors, project managers, sales, sales administration, internal operations personnel, and installation crews
You’re Pretty Great at These Things:
INNOVATION – Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Displays original thinking and creativity. Generates suggestions for improving work. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
LEADERSHIP – Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect and trust. Motivates others to perform well. Reacts will under pressure. Shows courage to take action.
PLANNING & ORGANIZATION – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
PROBLEM SOLVING – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
TEAMWORK – Balances team and individual responsibilities Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to other perspectives, and welcomes feedback
QUALITY – Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
You’ve Got the Creds: (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior, Industrial or Architectural Design and 4+ years’ experience in furniture/office/space planning or equivalent combination of education and experience. Dealership experience preferred. Knowledge of building codes for furniture design required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD and specification software(s)
- Solid interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (both oral and written) effectively and professionally with both internal and external clients.
- Understands systems furniture; able to learn and apply new product knowledge.
- Excellent problem solving ability and follow through.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Works well under pressure in fast-paced conditions; excels at multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Strong communication and decision making skills
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com