Workplace Technology Designer & Project Manager
View the PDF
iSpace Environments is a collection of talented people that respond to the needs of progressive workplace design. We outfit environments with technology, furnishings and architectural products that enable and empower organizations to work better.
This position oversees all project preparation and on-site activities through to successful completion of office technology installation projects. This position will also support the sales team with solution development and system designs and documentation for sold designs.
- Provide a Positive Customer Experience through proactive project planning, issue/risk mitigation and frequent/meaningful communications.
- Maintain and/or increase project margins.
- Proactively manages technology installation projects
- Responsible for ensuring all customer solutions are properly prepared
- Collaborates with Field Services manager to identify resource allocation and scheduling needs
- Conduct site visits and audit as needed throughout the project to ensure all issues and challenges are proactively identified
- Approve projects for purchasing
- Provide direction to Field Team for a successful installation
- Monitors installation progress and works with Field Team to identify when Change Orders are needed
- Provides frequent and meaningful communication
- Conducts final installation audits to ensure deliverables meet iSpace stated standards
- Conducts Project Close-out Process
- Pricing Proposals
- The development of customer solutions
- The creation of project deliverables (SOW, pricing proposals, line drawings, architectural drawings)
- System Design and Documentation
- Development of customer solutions
- Creation of pre-sale project deliverables
- The delivery of post-sale project requirements
- Provide Continuing Engineer Support during the Installation Phase
- Dtools Design Database Management
SERVE AS A STEWARD OF ISPACE CORE VALUES AND BRAND
- Excellence: Be the best. Commit to the customer experience. Attention to details.
- Integrity: Be genuine, dependable and empathetic.
- Expertise: Be an authority, be knowledgeable, be confident.
- Creativity: Be a visionary, inventive and authentic.
- Work Ethic: Be tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
- Fun: Be positive, fresh and collaborative.
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Analytical Skills – Collects and researches data. Designs workflows and procedures. Identifies data relationships and dependencies. Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Innovation – Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Displays original thinking and creativity. Generates suggestions for improving work. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Planning and Organization – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management – Communicates changes and progress. Completes projects on time and budget. Coordinates projects. Develops project plans. Manages project team activities.
- Team Work – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook; Dtools proficiency (internal candidates); or the ability to become proficient in Dtools (external candidates).
- CTS Certification is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years field experience with Field Project Management in the A/V industry, construction or related fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferable but not absolutely necessary.
- Minimum of two years of related engineering/design experience in the audio/video integration industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply, please email your resume to Careers@iSpaceEnvironments.com